The term medical acupuncture is used to denote the practice of acupuncture performed by a licensed Medical Practitioner who have obtained additional training and qualification in acupuncture.
Medical acupuncture, a therapeutic modality involving fine needles or laser is an adaptation of Chinese acupuncture using current knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology, and the principles of evidence based medicine.
Some conditions that can be treated with medical acupuncture are:
- Muscle and joint pain, such as lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, hip pain, elbow pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Insomnia and fatigue
- Menstrual related: premenstrual syndrome and painful or irregular menstruation
- Menopause related symptoms
- Anxiety, depression and stress
- Digestive disorders, such as reflux, constipation and diarrhoea
- Respiratory conditions, cough, common cold
- Skin disorders
Armstrong Health offers both traditional needle and Laser acupuncture treatments.
Our acupuncture consultations are partly covered by medicare and patients get part amount rebate from medicare.