LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Are you tired of Waxing? Shaving? Hate the pain? Inconvenienced? Sick of ingrown hairs and stubbles?
What if we could save you money, save you from waxing and at the same time give you smooth hair free skin? If this sounds like you, then Armstrong Health has your solution.
At Armstrong Health, we provide a full service of laser hair removal treatments for women and men including face, full body, and Brazilian. Our clinically proven and effective laser hair removal ensures you will never have to shave or wax again.
Unlike traditional methods of hair removal, medical grade laser hair removal destroys the root of the hair follicle, destroying unwanted hair and preventing future growth. Whilst beauty grade machinery can only guarantee hair reduction, our machines ensure targeted results to provide a permanent solution to unwanted hair.
Forget waxing and hair removal creams, laser hair removal is quick, easy, painless and a permanent hair reduction process.
IPL Hair Removal beautifully rejuvenates the skin. The appearance of the skin is renewed and refreshed.
Guest Capacity for Entire Restaurant Event
Our Package Specials - Minimum 6 session
|Upper Lip (normally $30)||$15|
|Underarms/ G-string ( normally $50 per session)||$29|
|Brazilian (normally $79)||$49|
|Full Face (normally $75)||$39|
|ADD ON (Areaola/ perianal/ snailtrail)||$15|
|Brazilian + Underarms (normally $100)||$59|
|Half Arms (normally $79 per session)||$59|
|Half Leg (normally $100 per session)||$79|
|Full Arms (normally $ 120 per session)||$89|
|Full Leg (normally $150 per session)||$119|
|Chest & stomach (normally $150 per session)||$119|
|Back (normally $150 per session)||$119|
Combine 2 areas and get extra $15 off per session
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DOES LASER HAIR REMOVAL WORK?
At Armstrong Health, our qualified Laser specialists will assess you and explain in detail the steps involved in the procedure.
The Ultralux V4 IPL removes unwanted hair by delivering a pulse of intense light directly to the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the melanin pigment of the follicles and converted into heat energy that destroys the root within the hair follicle and prevents future growth. The treated hair will continue to appear 7-14 dayspost treatment. This is not new hair growth, but the treated hairs being expelled from the skin. All our permanent hair removal treatments provide a safe and comfortable experience.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
A course of treatments is required for optimal results. An average course of treatment is usually 8-10 sessions, however this all depends upon a number of factors and the hairs ability to absorb the laser light.
Please be aware that factors such as hormones, certain medications and genetics can cause long term hair growth so while the hair may not permanently be removed, hair is greatly reduced but maintenance treatments may be required.
The length of a laser session may be a few minutes up to an hour or more, depending upon the size of the area being treated.
WILL IT HURT?
The laser treatment itself can cause some discomfort. Most clients tolerate the procedure with minimal discomfort, but for those with a low pain threshold, a topical anaesthetic is always available. The appearance of the treated area immediately after a session does vary from person to person.
After an IPL hair removal treatment you may experience some mild redness and tenderness in the treated area but this does not interfere with your normal activities and usually subsides within a day so may resume your normal activities after a Pulsed Light treatment.
CAN LASER WORK FOR MY SKIN TYPE?
It’s important to have a consultation prior to treatment to determine whether you are suitable for Laser Hair Removal. Different skin colours and different hair colours affect how the laser works.
Darker hairs respond best to treatment due to a higher concentration of pigment (melanin) in the follicle. Red hair is more difficult (though not impossible) to remove because it contains a lower concentration of pigment. White and grey hair cannot be removed with laser treatment as they lack sufficient pigment for the laser to be attracted to – A laser requires sufficient pigment in the hair in order to be more effective
For darker skin type additional treatments are usually required to achieve satisfactory results.
WHAT BODY AREAS CAN BE TREATED WITH LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
Laser Hair Removal can safely and effectively target unwanted facial hair from face, full body, bikini line. Common areas include the upper lip, chin, cheeks, hairline and between the eyebrows. We can also treat men’s facial hair and unwanted growth on the ears and excessive nasal hair.
Laser Hair Removal can provide targeted relief and treatment to ingrown hairs even for male facial hair.
How do I prepare for laser hair removal treatment?
You need to either shave or use a depilatory cream over the area you want treated 1-2 days prior to treatment. You need to stop waxing and plucking areas of the body for four to six weeks before treatment. You need to stop bleaching or plucking facial areas for a couple of weeks before the treatment. No sun, solarium or fake tan on the area two weeks prior to your treatment.
We will conduct a test patch at least a day prior to your first session so that we can assess the right settings for your treatment.
What should I do after my treatment?
You should avoid sun exposure in the treated area for up to 10 days post treatment. Avoid excessive exercise, heat, hot baths and showers immediately after treatment and for the rest of the day. Avoid tweezing and waxing between your treatments. Post treatment, it can take up to two weeks for all treated hair to completely fall out. Exfoliating the area can be helpful to speed up this process. Our team of highly qualified professionals will give you personalised advice.
Laser Hair Removal Pre Care:
- Rule number one: Avoid Sun. When doing a course of laser hair removal sessions, avoid any kind of sun exposure, use of self-tanners (including spray tans) or use of solariums. This can greatly effect laser treatment as laser is attracted to dark pigment and is unable to decipher between the pigment in dark hair or tanned/darker skin. To reduce any risk of skin burning or pigmenting due to incorrect preparation, your clinician must be aware if you have had recent UV exposure or are wearing fake tan.
- An SPF30 or greater sunscreen must be used daily and frequently to protect the treated area throughout the course of treatments.
- As waxing, plucking and threading temporarily remove the hair from the follicle before it grows back; it is imperative to not pursue such methods for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to laser hair removal in the treatment area. If there is no hair in the follicle at the time of treatment, then the laser is unable to successfully target and destroy growth. The use of shaving or depilatory creams on the treatment area is not a problem, as they do not remove the hair from the follicle.
- It is recommended only to remove surface hair by shaving, depilatory creams, or clippering the treated areas during the course of treatment.
- Shave the area to be treated 24 hours prior to your treatment; this will promote a stronger current in the laser, which will mean better results.
- Do not use Retin A on the areas being treated for 2 weeks prior to your Laser Hair Removal session
- Do not use Roaccutane or any medications that can make you light sensitive 6 months prior to treatment.
- Avoid any activities that will make you hot and sweaty prior to the treatment. I.e. going to the gym, spas or saunas.
Laser Hair Removal Post Care:
- Most Important: Avoid Sun. Avoid sun exposure for at least four weeks after treatment and use sun block SPF30 or greater. It is highly recommended to avoid any sun exposure, fake tanning or solariums between treatments.
- Redness and slight swelling is common for a couple of hours to a couple of days after treatment. This is a natural response and there is no need for concern. Regular application of a soothing gel or ice pack will dramatically improve recovery time.
- It is recommended to keep cool prior to and after treatment. Avoid exercise, saunas and swimming in pools or spas, scented lotions, loofahs, exfoliants or AHA’s immediately prior to and post laser hair removal as these activities can irritate the skin and increase the incidence of treatment reactions.
- For a period of up to 2 to 3 weeks (or 7 to 10 days for the face) the hairs in the treated area may have the appearance of stubble. This is not new hair growth but rather the remnants of the treated hair being expelled from the damaged follicle. Allow the hair to fall out naturally however if you want to assist the shedding of hair you can do so by gently rubbing with a warm washcloth.
- You are able to shave any unwanted hair in-between treatments but avoid waxing, plucking, threading or bleaching the area. This will remove the hair from the follicle or bleach it making it impossible to treat until the hair grows back.