The term medical acupuncture is used to denote the practice of acupuncture performed by a licensed Medical Practitioner who has obtained additional training and qualification in acupuncture.
Medical acupuncture, a therapeutic modality involving fine needles or laser is an adaptation of Chinese acupuncture using current knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology, and the principles of evidence-based medicine.
Some conditions that can be treated with Medical Acupuncture are:
- Muscle and joint pain, such as lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, hip pain, elbow pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Insomnia and fatigue
- Menstrual-related: premenstrual syndrome and painful or irregular menstruation
- Menopause-related symptoms
- Anxiety, depression, and stress
- Digestive disorders, such as reflux, constipation, and diarrhoea
- Respiratory conditions, cough, common cold
- Skin disorders
Armstrong Health offers both Traditional Needle and Laser Acupuncture Treatments. Contact Us for more details.
Our acupuncture consultations are partly covered by Medicare and patients get part amount rebate from Medicare.