SKIN TIGHTENING : Radiofrequency
Aging is an inevitable process and causes skin to lose collagen and elasticity. Skin becomes dry and saggy.
At Armstrong Health, we use Ultralux V4 IPL machine for skin tightening. This is TGA and FDA approved.
Radio frequency skin tightening (RF) is a non-invasive alternative to surgical face-lift.
It is an aesthetic technique that uses radio-frequency technique to heat tissue and stimulate new collagen production and improves blood circulation in the skin. This results in visible reduction in fine lines, tightening of loose skin and plumping of the skin.
The procedure is frequently used for toning thin, loose and crepe-like skin often found on the aging face, neck and under the upper arms. One of the major benefits over surgical procedures is that your body generates its own collagen, during and after the treatment for many months to come. This collagenesis tightens your skin and connective tissue, whilst increasing micro circulation and assisting with lymphatic drainage.
It is also excellent for firming skin on the post-surgical or postnatal abdomen, chest, thighs or breasts.
This treatment is suitable for all clients who are concerned with firming the skin and refining the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It can also be used as a preventative treatment for skin that is starting to show the signs of ageing.
Mechanism of action
Skin Tightening has three effects on the skin
1. Tissue Retraction: The generated heat immediately tightens the skin.
2. New collagen formation: By heating the dermis, new collagen production is stimulated.
3. Improved circulation: Skin Tightening improves blood and lymphatic flow.
There could be redness and heat in the treated skin that disappears within 30 minutes.
Combining Radio frequency and Ultrasonic Fat Cavitation gives fabulous results with toning, skin tightening and body sculpting in problem areas
What can I expect from the treatment?
- Results may vary depending on the individual response and the area treated, but you could expect to have approximately 6 treatments at 2-6 week intervals to achieve your goals.
- You can resume your normal activities immediately. Best of all, this provides steady improvement with excellent, long-term skin tightening & firming results.
- The majority of patients feel that their skin is tighter after just one treatment, but visible improvements in skin laxity generally take place over three to six months as the collagen foundation of your skin is rebuilt and strengthened.
- A series of 2-3 treatments spaced a month apart is typical of most patients.
- Your Clinician will personalize a treatment plan based on the level of improvement you desire.
- Your Clinician may also combine Ultralux V4 with other popular aesthetic procedures to further personalize your treatment.
- This exciting new technology is perfect for those who wish to tighten and firm up their skin, with virtually no down-time.
- The Ultralux V4 procedure, however, is not a substitute for a face-lift and results may vary from patient to patient.
- The Ultralux V4™ procedure is recommended for patients who desire moderate, noticeable skin improvement without having to undergo surgery.
- Clinical Studies to date suggest that results last 12-18 months. Some patients prefer to continue maintenance treatments every 6-12 months after the initial course of treatments.